[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:47:53 CDT 2016

> Sri Ramesam Ji,

I am not discussing the issue of advaita vis a vis nonadvaitic schools of
thought. I am only questioning the view that

<< according to Sri Bhagavatpada, jagat is not mithya >>.

I am about to complete a detailed course on Nyayamrita/Advaita
Sidhi/Tarangini/Brahmanandiya
which represents a very extensive discussion on jagat mithyatva as between
advaitins and dvaitins. Even eminent dvaitins like Sri Vadirajacharya and
Sri Ramacharya who have questioned the advaitic view of jagat mithyatva in
these works (Nyayamrita and Tarangini ) have not anywhere in these works
claimed that Sri Bhagavatpada himself has stated that jagat is not mithya.
That is more than sufficient for me. I do not know about Sri Srinivasa Rao
you have mentioned about. But the title of the paper itself suggests that
it is of no use for me in the current context.However thank you for
bringing it to my notice.

Regards