[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:42:38 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Bhaskarji

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms Sri Ravikiran prabhuji
>
> Hare Krishna
>

> jnAni's brahmaikatva jnana and jnAni's vyavahAra are in different realms,
> former is paramArthikam, while other is not ..
>

> Ø   I have said for the  jnAni how the kAryAkAra (nAma rUpa) is veshesha
> darshana of kAraNa and how the transactions (vyavahAra) related to
> kAryAkAra is ‘vishesha shakti’ of that kAraNa by quoting shankara from
> chAndOgya.

With all the above description on vyavahAra, are you only stating the
significance of samyak jnAna (just like by saying jagat satya, you actually
meant Brahma satya) ? Or, if you are extending it to mean jnAni's vyavahAra
as satyam, can you elaborate what is this vyavahAra you are referring to,
which is not involving pramAna-pramEya, which is not samyak jnAna but
satyatvam eva ?

> This kArya-kAraNa tAdAtmya lakshaNa (non-difference) for the brahma vAdins
> (jnAni-s) not only restricted to the names and forms but it applies to even
> to his ‘socalled’ transactions.  The  vyavahAra is not with katrutva
> bhOktruva buddhi and his transactions are not avidyA lepita hence it is not
> from his individual socalled BMI, it is from his samyak jnana or bhUma
> drushti.

In samyak jnAna or bhUma drushti, is there any entity other than the
paramArtha vastu? who is doing vyavahAra? what vyavahAra is possible in
samyak jnAna?

If none, where is the question of doing or seeing anything apart from
Itself or engaging in any transaction, when there is no "other" ?

What does vyavahAra signify in such samyak jnAna which is quoted here?

And in that drushti (point of view) he is anna (food), annAda (eater of
> food) and the shlOkakarta (who bridges anna & annAda).

This statement again qualifies samyak jnAna or are you indicating anything
else ?

> It is because of this reason only jnAni would not have  shareera of his
> own, though he is looking like shareeri (emdodied), doing bhikshAcharya
> etc. it is only in the sight of ajnAni’s  only and  he is ‘ashareeri’ only.

Here again, you are signifying the mahima of samyak jnAna  alone.. is there
a jnAni apart from jnAna ?

If the intent is to signify the glory of samyak jnAna, why not make it
clear in your posts.. ?

When you say jnAni's vyavahAra is satyam, you are only stating the
importance of samyak jnAna ..is it so?

*** Please note the word jnAni's vyavahAra used in my email response
earlier is different, and as quoted from BSB,

पश्वादिभिश्चाविशेषात्।

jnAni’s vyavaHara involving pramAna-pramEya, is said to be like
pashu's activity.

In that sense, jnAni's vyavahAra involving pramAna-pramEya will not sublate
(bAdha) his brahmaikatva jnAna ..

In the phenomenal world involving transactions, a jnAni sees a laptop as a
laptop only for sending emails or
doing other online transactions .. :)

If the company decides, since everything is paramArtha satyam for a jnAni,
not getting salary is also paramArtha satyam for him,
a jnAni has to go starving or fasting :)

Regards