[Advaita-l] If Jagat is Satya like Brahman

Shashwata Shastri shashwata.unimas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:00:24 CDT 2016

Namaste,

I read the discussion related to Sri Bhaskar ji's post.

If you know Brahman as saytam then the jagat which was perceived as a
different existence from Brahman is now mithya since it is now
non-different from Brahman. When the inert objects such as deha prana which
are included in Jagat become falsified, then the entity called jeeva which
was thought to be different from Brahman because of object based
identification, becomes the Brahman itself. Because Brahman itself was not
identified as jeeva at the first place due to the object based universe.
What we are doing here is cancelling the existence of objects after
realizing the absolute being. When the object oriented universe is negated
then the conscious being or self exists only. Before realizing, that self's
previous status was jeeva . Now after realization the jagat got dissolved
in the self and the self emerged as the absolute. Lord Shankara never said
that the status of jeeva is absolute. He said- when the process of
differentiation disappears (which was the variable named universe) the
jeeva is recognized as Brahman. Because Brahman is considered as jeeva when
it is related to some certain aspects of this universe. When this universe
is dissolved in self how can you point out the Brahman as jeeva? There is
no way to do that.

If Sri Bhaskar ji says - Jagat is satyam then the status of jeeva becomes
satyam too. Hence the jeeva will never be able to know the absolute being
and Tat tvam asi, ayatma brahman these Mahavakyas will fail instantly. How
can one take the pure gold without melting the ring? Because the ring
effect is true therefore, can not be reversed. Eternal cause does not need
to create an eternal effect. If the effect is eternal then there is no way
to get rid of it. Therefore the chance to get rid off avidya is impossible.
Hence no liberation for jeeva as bondage is eternal.

Jivanmukta or Jnani does not need to break the clay pot to know that it is
made out of clay. This is a fallacy. As effect is eternal then the pot is
eternal to. The pot has it's own effect which will be eternal. Then
thoughts which will be created as effects in the mind of Jnani from the
cause named pot, will be eternal too. Thoughts will eventually create an
effect named attachment and attachment will be creating differences between
the clay and pot. (i.e) Attachment is responsible for creating different
forms of relationships with one woman kind. Mother sister wife etc. We know
that they all are women but still we are getting attached to the different
forms and names. Because with thoughts attachments come with attachments
relationships with relationships bondage comes. Again the never ending
cycle returns.
Best Regards,

P.S: Do correct me if I am wrong.

Shashwata Chowdhury