[Advaita-l] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 5 01:59:39 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Anad Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

As far as I know, the vedAnta DiNDimA is attributed to NrisimhAshrama. In fact, there is a publication by Holenarsipur Adhyatma Prakasha Karyalaya on the same, dated 1936.

>  Yes, this Advaita prakaraNa grantha along with other prakaraNa grantha-s in the name of bhAshyakAra  like VC, US, AA  etc. have been published by APK with comments / observation from Sri SSS.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about jagatkAraNa, which is easily resolved if we recognize that there are two kAraNas - vivartakAraNa and pariNAmikAraNa. Brahman is the vivartakAraNa of the world while mAyA is the pariNAmikAraNa. This I have explained before:
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2011-April/027072.html

When jagat is said to be mithyA, it means the mAyA aspect of jagat is mithyA, since mAyA itself is mithyA.

>  but don’t you think prabhuji when it comes to srushti prakriya mAya has been explained as Ishwara Shakti and there is no difference between Ishwara and his Shakti??  This kArya jagat is Shakti and this Shakti is nothing but Shakta says shankara somewhere in sUtra bhAshya.  And in geeta verses like mama yOnirmahad brahma, tasmin garbhaM dadhAmyahaM and brahmaNO hi pratishTAha mamrutasyAvyayasya cha etc. lord does not say his Shakti is non different from him??  Shankara bhAshya on these verses too would not differ from lord's declaration.

However, the Brahman aspect of jagat is satya. In the statement, "brahma satyaM jaganmithyA", what is being said is basically "brahma satyaM mAyA mithyA", as the world has mAyA as its material cause.

>  If your time permits kindly elaborate what aspect of jagat is satya that would continue to exist since it is satya  and what else is mithyA in jagat in its mAyA rUpa that would go away with the svarUpa jnAna.   Can there exist brahma jagat without mAyA aspect in it?? Kindly pardon me for asking these questions as I am not clear on these terms.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar