[Advaita-l] Question : Bhagavad-Gita -My verse

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 10:17:32 CDT 2016

PraNAms

I keep this sloka in mind all the time

BrahmaarpaNam BrahmahaviH Brahmaagnou Brahmanaahutam|
Brahmaiva tena ganthavyam Brahmakarma samaadhina|

That starts with statement that this arpanam is Brahman - obviously involves bhaaga tyaaga lakshana to equate arpanam or ladle with Brahman.  The sloka emphasizes that everything in the universe - the jagat, the actor, the enjoy-er, the enjoyments or phalam etc are all nothing Brahman only.

I keep this in my mind as I transact in the world -To remember that I am that Brahman that pervades everything, so that my mind does not get carried away with any specific attachments or even if it does momentarily, it is directed to get back to the truth that every thing is nothing but Brahman but appearing as many -  as my own vibhuuti.

Sometimes during emotional transactions, it gets carried away, but comes back when I recognize that mind has got involved into its grooves. It takes sometime to get back - but that is part of nidhidhyaasana. As Swami Paramarthanandaji puts it - there is constant FIR reduction - Frequency of perturbation, Intensity of perturbation and Recovery of perturbation. decreases - slowly.

Normally I do not get perturbed easily but when environment tries to force something unpalatable or out of routine way of life then mind does get perturbed when facing things that are beyond my control.  Recognizing that it is part of praarabda that one has to go though, I tried to keep the mind in perspective and understanding changes first into as Iswara's leela and slowly to I am  the essence of that too. The thing that help me most is constant smarana of the Lord's name in my mind so that it does not run into wool-gathering trips.

Hari Om!
Sada

 at 12:54 PM, Aurobind Padiyath via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>