[Advaita-l] Sadhana?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 09:57:57 CDT 2015

Dear Boris,
It was nice that you got good replies from our fellow members. If I may add, please look at you own situation and necessities. In the olden days in India, devout people used to get up early in the morning before Sunrise and offer the daily prayers and meditate and then only start the day. So also around the Sunset the people said their prayers. That is not all. People offered prayers in the bed in the morning immediately after waking up and before leaving the bed and so also people prayed in the bed before sleeping. There has also been the practice of praying at at any time of the day and that is called Ajapa japa and some say this to be the best japa, as that is spontaneous.

Secondly, sleep well. may be 7 hours a day or more as your body needs depending on the physical exertions during the day and do not sacrifice the sleep in order to get up early in the morning to pray. Sleeping early, if possible, may be the best way to accommodate good sleep and early morning prayer.

Best wishes,Sunil KB