[Advaita-l] : Passing away of Sri S.N.Sastri ji

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:34:39 CDT 2015

namaste

Contributions to advaita vedAnta literature by Sri S. N. Sastri mahodaya
will  be gratefully remembered. I have read two of his works: one,
adhyAsa bhAShya (based on lectures by Sri MDS) and other, his precise
translation of Sri R. Krishnamoorthy Sastrigal's PhD dissertation on
iShTa siddhi vivaraNam.  Original text of the book was at least at the
level I can understand in depth, that really helped me appreciate the
precision of Sri S. N. Sastri mahodaya's translation.  It is not easy to
write translations that are brief, precise, and clear, in addition  that
closely follows the original text.  I think lot of other works by him
are available online. Hope we collect them all in a place where it will
be preserved for the  future generations to read.

I did meet him once in Chennai and will gratefully remember his kindness.

Ravi