[Advaita-l] beeja mantrAtmaka sapthasathi

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 06:01:37 CDT 2015

Namaste,
More thoughts on this thread.
Devi bhagavata Book 1, Chapter 6, has a description of how madhu-kaiTabhaoriginated. There it is clearly stated madhu-kaiTabha became powerful via upAsanaof the vAgbIja (aim). So the association of mahAkAli and vAgbIja here may be:mahAkali helps viShNu and brahmA overcome the inappropriate power that hasbeen acquired via vidyA of vAgbIja falling into wrong hands.
Possibly a similar meaning for the other two vidyA-s (bIja-s). In fact then the word vicce(cut) makes more sense.
Hari Om.
Regards,Shrinivas