[Advaita-l] Please answer to this

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 22:36:15 CDT 2015

Shree Venkataraghavan- PraNAms

Shruti itself has both bheda vaakyaas and abheda vaakyaas. Shankara takes abheda vaakyaas as primary and bheda vaakyaas as secondary. While Ramanuja takes the other way around. Both accept that Brahman is both material and intelligent cause. Only Dwaita does not accept that.

Both Ramanuja and Shankara use samaanaadhikara to account tat tvam asi statements. Ramanujauses visheshana visheshyaabhyam samaanaadhikaranam while Shankara uses bhaadaayam samaanaadhikaranam.

Madhva uses some sources which are not really accessible to any body to justify his stand.

Just a note

Hari Om!
Sadananda