[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Mokshasvarupam - Sanskrit talks in 'Spardhā'

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 03:47:55 CST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 3:08 PM
Subject: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Mokshasvarupam - Sanskrit talks in 'Spardhā'
To: BHARATIYA VIDVAT <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>

Namaste

On the 24th Nov. 2015, there was a State level 'Spardhā' organized at the
Purnaprajna Samshodhana Mandiram premises. A number of participants had
come to take part in several competitions, to be selected for the finals
that will be a future event.

I had the fine opportunity and a delectable experience to hear four talks
by PhD level scholars on the topic of 'Mokṣasvarūpam'.  The talks delivered
were from the Nyaya, Purvamimamsa and Vedanta views.

Sri Sirnidhi Pyāti, a scholar/teacher at the Vidyapīṭha spoke on the topic
from the Advaita Vedanta angle.  He was declared the best speaker.

Sri Shambhunatha Sharma, a research scholar in Vyakarana, spoke on the
topic from the Advaita vedanta angle.  He was the second in the selection.

Sri...Bhatta, from RSS, Sringeri, spoke from the Purvamimamsa angle.  He
was the third in the selection.

A female scholar from RSS Sringeri spoke from the Nyaya angle and this too
was a fine, very informative, talk.  Unfortunately I had not recorded her
speech.  It was only after her  talk, which was the first in order, that I
thought of recording the talks.  Hence I have three recordings which I am
presenting here for scholars to enjoy and get greatly informed by the
really scholarly talks on the topic.

I would like to add that Vidvan Srinidhi Pyati, though from the Madhva
following, had bagged the first prize a few years ago in the RSS Shalaka
pariksha on the Vivekachudamani, a well known work on Advaita.  He can be
called an expert on that text.  In his present talk he has largely quoted
from that text.

The talks can be downloaded/heard from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ggvxddt4uy93f3g/Nov_24%2C_Mokshasvarupam_-Srinidhi_Pyati_%28AD%29.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/bwcdx89gfcd634v/Mokshasvarupam_-_Shambhunatha_Sharma_%28AD%29.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/2cap1g425112p91/Mokshasvarupam_-_Bhat_%28PM%29.mp3

warm regards
subrahmanian.v

--
निराशीर्निर्ममो भूत्वा युध्यस्व विगतज्वरः।। (भ.गी.)
---