[Advaita-l] Asuras and Dharma

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 00:31:58 CST 2015

Sri Durga Ji,

What you have said may be applicable to Kaliyuga. The Pauraniks mention
that Devas and Asuras lived in entirely different Lokas during Kritayuga
and used to come into conflict now and then with the Asuras moving into
Devaloka for war. In Tretayuga, they lived in the same Loka, but in
different regions. In Dwaparayuga, they lived in the same family . But in
Kaliyuga, they live in the same body ( that is , they coexist in each
individual, in the form of natural tendencies ).

With so many Puranas and Itihasas speaking of them so exhaustively, it is
only to be concluded that the Shastras have not presented them purely in an
allegorical manner, but that they all existed in reality , to the same
extent as we are all alive today.

Regards

Chandramouli

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 1:32 AM, Durga Janaswamy via Advaita-l <