[Advaita-l] dva suparNA

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 03:55:09 CST 2015

Namaste Chandramouli ji,

The quote I referenced occurs at the end of Taittiriya Anandavalli after
talking about the gradation of Ananda in the various beings.

Acharya connects that "सः" in सः यश्चायं पुरुषे at the end of Anandavalli,
with the same ब्रह्म that occurs in the start of Anandavalli:

ब्रह्मविदाप्नोति परं । तदेषाभ्युक्ता । सत्यं ज्ञानं अनन्तं ब्रह्म ।...

*यो वेद निहितं गुहायां परमे व्योमन् ...तस्मात् वा एतस्मात् आत्मनः आकाशः
संभूतः। आकाशात् वायुः । ... अन्नात् पुरुषः।*

Both nirguNa and saguNa aspects are spoken of in the beginning of
Anandavalli, and since the same references are made at the end in AchArya's
bhAshyam that you quoted below, both aspects  can be said to be implied in
स यश्चायं पुरुषे.

I agree with your comment that shAstra uses the terms Brahman and Iswara
interchangeably, but I believe the concepts are different.

Further, we must accept that nirguNa chaitanyam and our understanding of
the absolute non-difference with 'Him' is the ultimate tAtparyam of the
VedA.

Regards