[Advaita-l] dva suparNA

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 23:12:55 CST 2015

Sri Venkatraghavan Ji,

Reg  <<  One example that comes to mind is in Taittariya Upanishad 3.8:

स यश्चायं पुरुषे । यश्चासावादित्ये । स एकः।

"He who is in this man, and he that is in the sun there, he is the same."
>> ,

 the Bhashya for the above reads as follows.

<< तदेतन्मीमांसाफलमुपसंह्रियते - स यश्चायं पुरुष इति । यः गुहायां निहितः
परमे व्योम्नि आकाशादिकार्यं सृष्ट्वा अन्नमयान्तम्, तदेवानुप्रविष्टः, सः य
इति निश्चीयते । कोऽसौ? अयं पुरुषे । >> .

Translation  ( Sri Mahadeva Shastri )  << He who is hid in the cave in the
highest heaven ,who , having emanated akasa and the rest in the universe
down to the physical body ( annamaya ) , has entered into that very
universe , is here spoken of as “ this one who “ –Who is here referred to ?
The one in this body ( Purusha ).>>

Quite clearly Iswara is referred to , This bhashya also reinforces the
understanding that Sakshi is Iswara only.

I must reiterate that my understanding continues to be the same as I
mentioned earlier , that there is no difference between Nirguna Chaitanyam
and Iswara as an entity , difference being only in the aspect. But I am
continuing with the discussion as it clarifies our understanding as
different viewpoints would come come out.

Regards