[Advaita-l] Happy Diwali and Sal Mubarak

Ravi Chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 06:32:13 CST 2015

Sal Mubarak Jaldhar Bhai!
Agree, most temples in USA mark Wed Nov 11, 2015 as Diwali but Amavaas tithi ends Nov 11 am. Per mypanchang.com and Drikpanchang website, In USA, Diwali puja should occur on Nov 10 sanyankaal.

I notice that Swaminarayan temples , in general, are a day off, i.e., it appears they follow panchang as per India.

One would think purohits in our mandirs ( whether North, South, Gujarati, or Bengali) would know better and advise accordingly.

Ravi Chandrasekhara

Sent from my iPhone