[Advaita-l] Knowledge of Brahman

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 00:04:24 CST 2015

Namaskara.
The itihasa and the puranas together  is called the Panchama Veda. The Padma purana says that the Bhagavatam is the highest of the puranas and the Bhagavata purana says that the Lord himself gives the knowledge (presumably the Advaita knowledge) to the ardent bhakta. This statement of the Panchama veda also tallies with the Vedanta (Upanishada), where Lord Ram gives that knowledge to the ardent bhakta Hanumana, when the Lord tells Hanumana to meditate on the Lord's Nirguna state (which is the way to be one with the Lord, which in other words, is the attainment of Moksha). Hanumana understood this mahavakya from the Lord but asked him for more time to enjoy the duality of being the Bhakta of the Lord.  Intellectual debate can help one by leading one to realize that the mahavakyas are the final guide for Moksha.
Hope this helps.
Regards,SKB