[Advaita-l] Was shrI shankarAcArya an ekadandin or tridandin or one who did vidhivat daNDa-visarjanaM

Raghav Kumar raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 05:43:59 CDT 2015

Namaste

Are there any references to the question of shrI shankara being an
ekadaNDin or was he a paramahamsa who had done vidhivat-daNDa visarjanaM ?

Do the installed images of shrI shankara always have the daNda ? What is
the Sringeri Math's tradition w.r.t to images of shrI shankara?

I was told that some others regard him as one who had done daNDa visarjanam.

Even if  there are no direct references to this question in the digvijaya
literature, if we can still draw inferencesbased on other smritis related
to this question, please share the same.
Om

Raghav