[Advaita-l] Shortest Sentence in English is a Mahaa Vaakya?

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:05:18 CDT 2015

> There may be some examples like Janaka but they are very rare examples. In
> this age it is not possible to follow him.
>
> One more big gap in the Gruhastha argument. Why are Mathadhipatis for all
> Mathas only Sanyasis? If hundreds of Gruhasthas can be Jnanis why they are
> not appointed to Mathadhipati post?

Could we please not argue all over the place? Grhastha-s are gRhe stithAH, not
maThe sthitAH, therefore your last question does not even arise. It is not a validargument to make.
It has nothing to do with the possibility of jnAna in that ASrama at all. If your
argument is that no gRhastha can ever become a jnAnI, that is false. That it is a
rarity is a different issue altogether.

Conversely, Sri Sreenivasa Murthy's implied stance, that there are more gRhastha
jnAnI-s than there are sannyAsI jnAnI-s, is also an invalid argument.
Best regards,Vidyasankar