[Advaita-l] manyu-sUktaM - as per dvaita siddhAnta

Anil Thakur venkatasrianil at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:14:39 CDT 2015

Dear Jaldhar ji,

*He isn't and some random person saying it doesn't make it so. (I place
anyone outside smarta sampradaya as apramana for dharmic guidance.  Their
interpretations may or may not be interesting for other reasons but not for
this.)*

I am sure that whatever you have said above must be true as I am still at
the beginner's stage and there can be no comparisons with my limited
knowledge with seniors members of this group such yourself . The reason why
I felt it was "interesting" is because, from whatever I had read about
Manyu Suktam, it was only known to me that "Rudra is the adhipathi devatha
for Manyu Suktam as the God of Anger". But, when it was mentioned that SrI
NrIsimha can also be considered to be the adhistana devatha for Manyu
Suktam as per other interpretations, I was pleasantly surprised because SrI
NrIsimha is my Upasaya Devatha.

*Please resist the temptation to rely on audio.  We discussed recently
about the decline of certain Vedic shakhas and part of the reason is that
even astikas are choosing to take shortcuts.  Try as hard as you can to
find a qualified vidvan to teach you and in the end you will be glad you
did.*
I thank you for your guidance and agree with you that one should not
attempt to learn Vedams from an audio and they should only be learnt from a
qualified Vedic guru. I had learnt SrI, Narayana & Purusha Suktams from our
temple priest who was well versed in Vedas personally while I was in India
for my daily worship, And, my intention for the audio was purely from a
listening point of view.

Regards,
Anil

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <