[Advaita-l] Doubt regarding recycling of Vilva/bhel leaves for doing Shiva Pooja.

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 11 01:35:35 CDT 2015

Dear Ramanan,                 Bilva leaves represent the triguna tita tattva and ment for the Shiva puka as Lord shiva is beyond the trinity and omnipotent as we all know. I have seen people reusing Bilva leaves after washing in the ganges and making poweder of the re-used leaves in the form of bhasma-abhisheka. When I asked about this in Benares, several people told me that it is allowed, but I don't know the sastra pramaa. I believe more in learned peoples followed path rather than the sastra pramana. Regarding Tulsi leaves they are ment for Vishnu puka as vishnu is alankara priya, if the leaves don't loose its santicity , I mean if they are properly stored one can use for longer time, by reusage they may loose their santicity, one can take inside undoubtedly as prasada after the pooja, but this is not holds for Bilva leaves.
with regardsKameswara