[Advaita-l] Unreality of the world and samsaara..

Santosh Rao itswhateva at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:29:53 CDT 2015

Pranams, 2 questions...

1) If the world / universe is ultimately unreal, is the proper
understanding as per advaita to infer that samsaara is not really
happening, but only appearing to do so?

If this is correct, how exactly is this apparently "real" order of karma,
cause, and effect to be understood? How can we logically differentiate
between good and bad actions that will lead to good and bad future births
if good and bad don't exist to begin with within a system that doesn't
exist to begin with?

2) Is Maya eternal like Brahman? What is it's exact nature? A link to a
previous discussion regarding this topic would be appreciated, I don't see
a way to search the archives.

Thx,

Santosh