[Advaita-l] Query on size of yagnopavItaM

Animesh darkdevil114 at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 21 12:24:51 CDT 2015

SrI mAtre namaH

Namaste Venkatesha Ji ,

 I agrwe we don't know who has prepared yagnopavIta that we are purchasing. Actually a brahman has to prepare it himself . Today It self I called an old shuka yajurveda vidvAna , who know how to make it by yourself may be on Saturday or Sunday I will approach him and learn it . If it will be possible I will record video / pictures of every step and put it on my  blog for others. He told me it is not a difficult task by practicing 10-15 times we can make it ourselves. Method he initially told me is different from south , here hands and right knee is used. Following are some more links on how to make sacred thread by self  .

1) http://www.salagram.net/Brahmin-threads.html

2) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AG4aMQmTTmc

3) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sluDx9wB8F8

Regards