[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi with Guruchandrika vol.1-3
sahaniranjan at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jul 16 01:28:17 CDT 2015
Dear Keshava Prasadji,
In addition to those two incomplete translations by Ganganath Jha, Karuna Bhattacharya etc, the following litearture on the Advaitasiddhi (You all must have known it from Potter's Encylopaedia on Bibliography) in English may be of help in understanding this abstruse text (Of course, it would be great service if someone comes forward in undertaking the project to translate at least the mulam. I've heard Professor N. Veezhinathan, Chennai was assigned this job by ICPR, but am not sure how far he has gone with that).
1.Raychaudhury, Anil Kumar (1955) Self and Falsity in Advaita Vedanta, Calcutta: Progressive Publishers. 2. Singh, Brijendra (1966) An Estimate of Madhusudana Sarasvati's Vindication of Advaita Metaphysics, Ph. D. thesis, University of Allahabad.3. Chakraborty, Norod Baran (1967) The Advaita Concept of Falsity -- A Critical Study, Research Series No. LVII, Calcutta: Sanskrit College.4. Nyayamritadvaitasiddhi (1984), Nayamrita and Advaitasiddi with seven commentaries, part I, ed. Anantakrishna Sastri, New Delhi: Meherchand Lachmandas (has an excellent and long introduction in English).
5. Mishra, Haramohan (1990) A Study in Advaita Epistemology: Delhi, Parimal Publications.
6. Nair, K. Maheswaran (1990) Advaitasiddhi: A Critical Study, Delhi: Sri Satguru Publications.7. Pereira, Jose (ed.) Hindu Theology Themes, Texts and Structures, Delhi: Matilal Banarsidass Publishers Pvt. Ltd. (1st Indian edition; 1st published in USA, 1976) [has a one-two page translation].
8. Sharma, B. N. K. (1994-95) Advaitasiddhi Vs Nyayamrita -- An up to date Critical Reppraisal, pts. 1-2, Bangalore: Anandatirtha Pratisthana of Akhilabharatiya Mahamanadal (critical analysis based on passages from both the texts is helpful).9. Nelson, Lamce E. (1996) 'Living Liberation in Sankara and Classical Advaita: Sharing the Holy Waiting of God' in A. O. Fort and P. Y. Mumme (eds.), Living Liberation in Hindu Thought, Albany: SUNY, pp. 17-62.10. Swamaninthan, V. (compiled) (2001) Advaitasiddhisarasangraha (with translation), Chennai: Sankara Nilayam.
11. Pellegrini, Gianni (2011) 'Analysis of the Second and Fourth Definitions of Mithyatva in the Advaitasiddhi of Madhusudana Sarasvati, Journal of Indian Philosophy, 39.4&5, 441-59.
12. Fort, Andrew O. (2013) Jivanmukti in Transformation: Embodied Liberation in Advaita and Neo-Vedanta, Delhi: Divine Books (1st Indian edition; SUNY edition, 1998).13. Pellegrini, Gianni (2015) 'Old is Gold!' Madusudana Sarasvati's Way of Referring to Earlier Traditional Tradition' Journal of Indian Philosophy, 43.2&3, 277-334.
On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 10:55 AM, Keshava PRASAD Halemane via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
namastE.praNaams my dear Sri Sadanandaji
i am sorry, i made a mistake in missing an important point - 'english translation' of that work if & when you get that info please inform me as well - i will be grateful.
Keshava PRASAD Halemane mOkShakaamaarthadharmah janmanaa jaayatE jantuḥ | samskaaraat hi bhavEt dvijaḥ || vEda-paaThaat bhavEt vipra | brahma jnaanaat hi braahmaNah ||
To unsubscribe or change your options:
For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list