[Advaita-l] akhanDaakara-vRtti‏

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Wed Jul 8 05:15:38 CDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Keshava PRASAD Halemane via Advaita-l <

> Let me take some time to share my humble observations, after having been
> somewhat more active in interacting with this group during the last few
> days/weeks/etc.
> One's words (whether uttered or lettered) are like one's signature,
> especially for a learned one.
> I do not know, but the learned-seniors(jnaanavRddhaaH) in this group will
> be able to provide a myriad examples, anecdotes, etc, with
> references/citations to original texts in our SAstras, to justify this
> view.
> Self-discipline in the use of words is the starting point in all
> aantarika-saadhana. All efforts in aadhyaatma-saadhana goes futile
> if-&-when one hasn't put due effort towards this basic self-discipline.

​Better start a separate thread for this subject. Don't cause deviation
here.

I'm not against talking about these qualities. I'm against using
character-certificate(give by whom? you or alike?) to deny argument
presented by other. I'm against using 'quality of being soft spoken' to
shut mouth of the person engaged in argument.
This is more deceitful and sign of weakness of character/sign of not being
emotionally strong/ sign of  not being able to learn, etc.
The worst people are those who use emotion/sAdhanA-thing in an argument to
see their opponent loose.​

I've seen this in some other groups, where people throw to me link upon
links and quotes upon quotes on how to improve myself and how to become
likable. I repeat here that better learn to stay in seclusion if you are
emotionally weak, better learn to do more sAdhanA and stay in your exalted
samAdhi-state(if you have reached that!!), better use those links and
quotes to improve yourself even more and stay calm.

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः*www.lalitaalaalitah.com