[Advaita-l] akhanDaakara-vRtti‏

Keshava PRASAD Halemane k_prasad_h at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 8 05:00:13 CDT 2015

namastE. praNaams. My Dear Friends:
Let me take some time to share my humble observations, after having been somewhat more active in interacting with this group during the last few days/weeks/etc.
One's words (whether uttered or lettered) are like one's signature, especially for a learned one.
I do not know, but the learned-seniors(jnaanavRddhaaH) in this group will be able to provide a myriad examples, anecdotes, etc, with references/citations to original texts in our SAstras, to justify this view.
Self-discipline in the use of words is the starting point in all aantarika-saadhana. All efforts in aadhyaatma-saadhana goes futile if-&-when one hasn't put due effort towards this basic self-discipline.
May God Bless Everyone.
 Keshava PRASAD HalemanemOkShakaamaarthadharmahjanmanaa jaayatE jantuḥ |  samskaaraat hi bhavEt dvijaḥ ||  vEda-paaThaat bhavEt vipra |  brahma jnaanaat hi braahmaNah ||