[Advaita-l] "akhanDaakara-vRitti" = "niShprakaaraka-vRtti"

Keshava PRASAD Halemane k_prasad_h at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 6 01:00:07 CDT 2015

namastE. praNaams My Dear  श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

We are talking about vyavahAra;  vRtti-janya-jnAna  inparticular.

Let us consider any object in the vyavahArika that is theusual perceptible world, say a simple ghaTa and a simple paTa. A knowledge of the ghaTa  arises from the ghaTAkAra-vRtti  asusually understood. A knowledge of the paTa    arises from the paTAkAra-vRtti    as usually understood.

What will be that knowledge of the same  ghaTa/paTa  arisingfrom an  akhanDAkAra-vRtti  associated with it?
You said that it will be of the nature of  viShEShaNa-rahita or nirviShEShaNa . . .

So then we can consider the following four cases: (1) "ghaTAkAra-vRtti-janya-jnAna      of the ghaTa" on the one hand, and (2) "akhanDAkAra-vRtti-janya-jnAna  of the ghaTa" on the other hand.
and again,
(3) "paTAkAra-vRtti-janya-jnAna        of the  paTa" on theone hand, and (4) "akhanDAkAra-vRtti-janya-jnAna  of the  paTa"on the other hand.

Of course we accept that (1) & (3) will be quitedifferent!

Will it be that (1) & (2) [as also (3) & (4)] be the same knowledge, ordifferent? If same why same? If different why different, and how muchdifferent will be those two from one another?  Will it be that (2) & (4) be the same knowledge, ordifferent? If same why same? If different why different, and how muchdifferent will be those two from one another?
I am eagerly waiting for you response.  Keshava PRASAD HalemanemOkShakaamaarthadharmahjanmanaa jaayatE jantuḥ |  samskaaraat hi bhavEt dvijaḥ ||  vEda-paaThaat bhavEt vipra |  brahma jnaanaat hi braahmaNah ||