[Advaita-l] akdhandaakara vRitti - My mistake

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 09:40:06 CDT 2015

Dear Sri Sadananda Ji ,

 This is reg your statement << I think I would stop  here since I am not
clear yet what exactly akhandaakaara vRitit and could not make out based on
the statements so far. >> .

 Vedanta Sara of Sri Sadananda Yogi is widele acclaimed a very significant
contribution to Advaita Sidhanta and is practically considered a Classic.
It has used the term Akhandakara Vritti in a particular sense. Advaita
Sidhi of Sri Madhusudhana Saraswati was written over a century after
Vedanta Sara. No doubt it has defined the term more precisely. But it has
not invalidated the understanding of the term as used in Vedanta Sara. Why
do I say so ?? Because , even after several centuries of their existence ,
both are still considered to be classics and authoritative texts on Advaita
Sidhanta . No one has pointed out that the definitions given in Advaita
Sidhi have invalidated its usage as in Vedanta Sara. The definition in
Advaita Sidhi could thus be considered as refinements to repudiate the
arguments put forth by other schools of thought , and not as rejection of
its usage as in Vedanta Sara. They may be of use for debates , but
certainly not essential for understanding or further pursuit of the
sadhana.

 Also you have had the unique opportunity of discussing the issue
personally with Swami Paramarthananda after your own personal indepth
analysis of the subject and given the members here the benefit of the views
of Sri Swamiji whose credibility on such issues you can personally vouch
for and so can many of the other members here who are familiar with the
Swamiji either personally or through his talks.

 Such being the case your statement cited above could very well send out a
wrong message , that the meaning of the term is in doubt , which I am sure
you yourself did not intend. I find quite a few members follow your posts
closely and are benefitted . Hence this note. I would urge you to clarify
that the meaning as given by Swami Paramarthananda and explained by you is
more than adequate for pursuing the study of the Sidhanta .

 Just a suggestion. Please bear with me.

 Pranams and Regards

 Chandramouli

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 2:13 PM, kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <