[Advaita-l] akdhandaakara vRitti - My mistake

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 03:43:47 CDT 2015

Shreeman - PraNAms

I have posted article on determinate and indeterminate perceptions, I am sure Shree Ananda Hudli's statements are in tune with what was described. If not I have to resolve where the differences are.

By the by,

If we are only interested in the subject and not who said want, it is better to say - the statements are right or statements are wrong rather than some one is wrong or you are wrong or some Swami is wrong, or he does not know if what you said is what he said etc, etc. I would like to take the blame on myself  if I have misinterpreted Swami Paramarthanandaji statements, since he is not a member of the list to defend the statement.

I have no problem in disagreeing with something which does not make sense to me based on my prior knowledge. However I do make an effort to understand the statement, if I can.

 I can be wrong since I am learner at the same time I can only accept only when I am convinced - that is my swadharma. Any knowledge has to explain the human experiences if the experiences are contradictory to the knowledge -ex. Sunrise and Sunset. Similarly akhandaakara vRitti it is there in every perception.

One can say my whole article on indeterminate perception is wrong, I have not problem with that either. However for me to accept that statement I need more convincing arguments.

I think I would stop  here since I am not clear yet what exactly akhandaakaara vRitit and could not make out based on the statements so far. My original statement was if the term or concept is not in scriptures nor in Shankara and introduced by later advaita masters in response to purvapaksha by some darshanikaas, then contextual understanding may be required to appreciate the statements.

With this I stop until I get any clearer picture of this akhandaakaara vRtti, and push aside since without understanding the term, if I can can appreciate the truth, then it reduces to  a fifth leg.

Hari Om!
Sadananda