[Advaita-l] akdhandaakara vRitti - My mistake

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 12:00:18 CDT 2015

SadAji,
I will leave Sri Srimallalitaalaaitah to explain further - but there are
some examples on knowledge in the vyavahArika level that would qualify as
akhandAkAra by that definition.

For example, if I tell you that Amitabh Bacchhan is the hero of the film
Sholay, and you haven't seen the film - you will know that AB is the hero,
but won't have knowledge of the attributes of the hero - what the name of
the character is, what his profession in the film is, etc. By that
definition, you will have akhandAkAra vritti of Amitabh Bachchan.

I think that example is appropriate, will leave it to you  and others to
judge.

Re the utility of such a concept, I believe Srimallalitaalaalitah suggested
that Sri MadhusUdhana Sarasvati uses this to refute dvaita and nyAyA
arguments against advaita, but as I haven't read advaita siddhi, I couldn't
possibly comment on what the specific objections and replies were.

Regards
Venkatraghavan