[Advaita-l] akdhandaakara vRitti - My mistake

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 11:24:24 CDT 2015

Venkataraghavan - PraNAms

Thanks for clarifying it.

Frankly for tuula avidya at least it makes absolutely no sense to me, if there is knowledge of an object without an attribute. Pure existence is imperceptible and advaita does not subscribe to indeterminate perception unlike Nyaaya or vishishtaadvaita does. I think Anandaji had discussed this aspect as I read before in his mail.

As per vedanta all objects are just naama ruupa and ruupa stands for attributive content. The question of naama that involves naming and naming involves knowing and knowing involves conscious entity with attributive knowledge in terms of vRitti,  since substantive is Brahman - this is true for all objective knowledge. There is no akhada aspect here since attributes are differentiable.

If akhada is undifferentiated objective knowledge, there is no such thing - Now if that applies to self which is attribute less then also it is not possible unless one talks in figurative usage of knowledge of saakshi. Even when I say I see something there, I have to see a form which is its attribute but do not have sufficient further qualifying attributes gathered for me to have a definitive knowledge. you have this is - knowledge which is indeterminate without some form of the object seen. Naamaruupaatmakam jagat.

I need more explanation in order to understand what exactly it stands for. me to grasp.

Hari Om!
Sadananda