[Advaita-l] akdhandaakara vRitti - My mistake

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Sat Jul 4 01:10:16 CDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 10:33 AM, श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <
lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com> wrote:

> संसर्गासङ्गिसम्यग्धीहेतुता या गिरामियम् ।
> उक्ताखण्डार्थता यद्वा तत्प्रातिपदिकार्थता ॥

​As many people may not know meaning of this shlokaH, so they don't even
feel that this is not about अखण्डार्थता of वृत्तिः. So, if I leave this as
it is, and not post this writing, even then I'll not face any problem.
But, let me post what I want to share for persons, who have read these
books and have any doubts.
Others may get more confused by this or may be benefited.

The above shloka doesn't appear to talk about akhaNDAkAravRtti. So, read:
The above sentence talks about अखण्डार्थता of  गिरां = the quality of (few)
sentences​ to generate knowledge = vRtti which has akhaNDa AkAra (shape of
akhaNDa/or ability to reveal akhaNDa).
Here one should note, that even प्रकृष्टप्रकाशश्चन्द्रः and सोयम् these
sentences are अखण्डार्थक and hence generate अखण्डार्थवृत्तिः(because
sentences generate similar vRtti), and these things are not devoid of
parts. So, अखण्डार्थता doesn't mean revealing something devoid of parts,
etc.
Now, please read Anand's post again.

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः*www.lalitaalaalitah.com