[Advaita-l] Sava yajnas

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 23:29:38 CST 2015

Dear Animeshji and others,

I would not discourage anyone from studying the Vedas. It is the duty of
every BrAhmaNa to study the Vedas and if he is proficient he should also
teach others. After all, as many people know, Shri Vidhushekhara Bharati
Svaminah of Sringeri is proficient in the Vedas and comes from a family of
Vedic experts who even performed the VAjapeya YAga. You can see videos
where he has recited Vedic hymns. The Sringeri tradition has always placed
emphasis on both Dharma and JnAna, the reason being it is not possible for
one whose mind has not been cleansed by the Karmas in accordance with
Dharma to take up the path of JnAna. I agree there may be exceptions, which
are quite rare, but this is a general rule and it is to be respected.

Anand