[Advaita-l] On Acharyas and Modern Technology

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Jan 20 02:05:13 CST 2015

Namaste Sujalji,

//////////

but does Swami ji himself personally manage all the accounts

////////

Swamiji has nothing to do with FB, twitter, emails etc.  His Holiness is not even bothered
about these aspects.

I would like to mention certain purva ashrama aspects of Swamiji
because we know His Holiness right from His childhood days in
Narasaraopeta (the purva ashrama name was shri tangirala sitarama anjaneyulu).

My guruji was a telugu pundit and worked in Narasaraopeta School where swamiji
studied in childhood.  My guruji taught telugu to His Holiness in school.
The young boy (swamiji), having shikha, wore dhoti, uttariyam and with bhasma over His body,
used to attend the class. He used to perform sahasra-gAyatri japa and agni-kAryam prior to
attending the morning class.  After the school hours, He used to learn yajurveda from His
father and mastered the same in no time.

He never wore chappals; never watched movies in His life, never used
landline phone (and this is true even till date).  In spite of mastery over veda in childhood,
He stood first in the school.  Right from His childhood and till date, His Holiness gets up
at 3:30 AM in the morning for His morning ablutions.  And this even continued after
taking sanyAsa from shri.abhinava vidya tirtha swamigal.  His Holiness confined Himself
in a small cave for 12 years and completed the shAstra adhyayana and mastered
tarka shAstra.

Apart from Shri.Abhinava Vidya Tirtha Swamigal, couple of achayas took the responsibility
of teaching tarka and purvamimamsa to Shri.Bharati Tirtha Swamigal. Shri.Gollapudi Gopalakrishna
Sastry Garu taught tarka and shri.Vireshwara Krishna Dongre Ji taught mimamsa and both the
sastrigal were our residents of our colony and I had the honour of meeting them and knowing the
personal aspects of His Holiness like lifestyle, shAstra adhyayana vidhi and anuSTAna.

So, it is assured that even if the entire bhArata is flooded with modern amenities, electronic gadgets,
and other items, shrI.bhArati tirtha swamigal is "untouched" and "unperturbed" with the technological
advancements and would be a "sAkshi" to all these aspects.  His Holiness is apara-shArada-mUrti and walking dakshinamurthy swarupa.

Hope it is clear now.

regs,
sriram