[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Advaita-vedanta and Goddess dhUmAvatI

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 13:09:33 CST 2015

Namaste friends,
I read (but unable to recollect the reference) that when Mother Sati jumped into the yajnakunda of Daksha, everybody saw her leaving her body in the form of Dhuma. If that is so, it could be that the aradhana of Mother Dhumavati  could be of help in becoming Videhamukta.

It is said that Mother Sati's lifeless body was later on lifted from the Yajnakunda by Lord Shiva and he carried it all over and Lord Vishnu dissected it into 51 parts and the parts fell in different areas. It is believed that her right hand fell in the Sharada peeth in Kashmir.
Regards,Sunil KB