[Advaita-l] कश्मीरदेशस्थ ऋग्वेद खिलोक्त श्री सूक्तं ,SrI sUktaM ( kAshmIra pATha )

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Jan 13 22:33:51 CST 2015

Namaste,

/////////

But  rishIs I have seen  somewhere  are: Ananda, kardama, chikleeta and Indirasuta .

//////

Ananda, kardama & chikleeta, being mantra-draSTAS, are considered as indirAsutAH and hence
the viniyOga says "Ananda kardama chikleeta - indirAsutAH rishayaH"

Indirasuta is not one among the draSTAs (sutAH) but is understood as "- (iti) indirAsutAH rishayaH".

The mantra-draSTAs are only 3.  Sometime back, I wrote a short article on these three draSTAs and
why they were considered as sons.

Many confuse here and think are indirAsuta is also one among the draSTAs which is not.

regs,
sriram