[Advaita-l] Sringeri Jagatguru announces His Successor

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:45:39 CST 2015

Namaste,

Well Said Jaldhar Bhai,

As I have said earlier, use technology to our benefit, but never be a slave
of it. Whenever I feel an 'urge' to sit on pc or to watch TV, I try to
substitute it with chanting mantra OM. By God's grace, if I hold on to
mantra, in few seconds the force of 'urge' decreases. Then it is left to me
whether to watch TV and keep fueling the 'urge' or do something else
connected with spirituality

And by doing so he gives me a model to live my life. Maybe I might never
> reach that standard but he challenges me to try.  And if I try than my
> future generations will see that it is worth trying.

Though I agree with you that Sringeri Acharya is our role model, we as
housholders must do something that me not be ethically permissible for a
sanyasin. The crux is to have a balance between ethics and practical
solutions. the way I have found out as a businessmen is that it is the
'initiative' taken by us that creates problems. e.g. if I wish to expand my
business, then I may bribe purchase officers, on the other way round if a
Govt officer is asking for a bribe, then it is not my initiative to give
bribe, but someone is asking for a bribe and it is difficult to get rid of
him. So giving what he asks, after negotiations, will be like 'throwing
bone to a dog'. What matters is our initiative and not what we are told by
our seniors or compelled to do. Ofcourse one may raise his/her head and
object the process, so it is left to an individual. For me, living
spiritual life is important, so I have to let go if someone takes away my
hard works credit, but if anyone tries to stop me from meditating or
reading shastras, then I will not compromise, not even a bit.

Those who are practising japa daily will know that it our attachment that
breaks our japa and we get involved in day-2-day issues. So the culprit is
our own dis-satisfied desires.

Sorry for being off topic. Coming back,

There is a saying,

'First you make Habits and then Habits make you' :)

OM

Sujal

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <