[Advaita-l] Sringeri Jagatguru announces His Successor

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 06:21:19 CST 2015

Namaste

If you look how Adi Sankara appointed Mathadhipatis it is  -

Sringeri South - Sureshwara, North Indian
Puri East - Padmapada, South Indian
Badari  North - Totaka, South Indian
Dwaraka West - Hastamalaka, South Indian

He wanted the country to be Unified. He did not appoint his own Kerala
Namboodiris everywhere. Same Logic must be used today to unify Smarthas.
Otherwise they will become divided if only one particular community is
being rewarded again and again. As it is Sringeri Swamijis don't have any
big impact in many many places even in South India, forget North, East and
West.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

-Venkatesh