[Advaita-l] Sringeri Jagatguru announces His Successor

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 00:22:58 CST 2015

In order that the peethadhipathis may understand, relate  and communicate
with the modern society, I think they should have some grounding in modern
science and technology. If not, they will be more and more alienated from
the society and loose their relevance. Already their impact on the society
at large is infinitesimal. The only people who look to them is a very small
fraction of the society (the priestly class) whose self interest is served
by exhortations made by the pontiffs to uphold sanatana dharma. It is
paraspara bhavana. You scratch my back, I will scratch yours. It is high
time for the pontiffs to get out of this rut and take a fresh look at their
relevance to the  society.

regards,
Sarma.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram via Advaita-l <