[Advaita-l] Sringeri Jagatguru announces His Successor

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 04:42:21 CST 2015

Namaste

Is there a strict rule in Sringeri to appoint only Telugu Brahmins as
Uttara Adhikari? This Swamji and others before him are all Telugu Brahmins
or AP. I know the rule he must be Yajur Vedi but I don't know of any rule
he must also be from Telugu speaking family or AP only. Why not Dravida
Brahmins like Tamil Iyers, Kerala Namboodiri or Kannada speaking Brahmins?

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Namaste,
>
> One of the joyous moments for us.
>
> Shri Bharati Tirtha Swamiji has announced His uttarAdhikAri in sringeri.
> All the rituals of pITArOhaNa would start from 22nd Jan'15 which is
> followed by mahAvAkya anugraha on 23d Jan'15.
>
> One of the brilliant brahmachArIs of sringeri veda pATashAla shri Kuppa
> Venkateshwara Prasad has been selected as the uttarAdhikAri who is the son
> of a great vedic & tarka scholar shrI kuppa siva subramanya avadhani garu,
> who served as veda pATashAla principal in Keesaragutta, near Hyderabad, and
> is the veda principal of TTD currently.
>
> Let us all pray our due respects to the jagatguru-dwayam of sringeri now.
>
> regs,
> sriram

Regards

-Venkatesh