[Advaita-l] Sarasvati Gita

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Jan 4 12:48:34 CST 2015

[was Re: [Advaita-l] New members]

Please use a new and descriptive subject if changing topic.  It makes it
easier for people who are searching our archives.

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015, Neeraj Sukhavasi wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone could guide me in getting a copy of Saraswati Gita.
> I heard it is in Mahabharat. I searched the internet but had no luck.

I have not heard of a Saraswati Gita in the Mahabharata or elsewhere.  The
Mahabharata does contain a Mahatmya of the Saraswati river and the tirths
along it if that's what you mean.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l wrote:

> There is Devi Gita in the Devi Bhagavata Purana.

The Devi Gita is well known but this seems different.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Neeraj Sukhavasi via Advaita-l wrote:

>I heard Sri SamaVeda Shanmukha Sarma garu mention in one
> of his pravachanams that Saraswati Gita is Mahabharat (if I am not mistaken
> Aranya Paravam) and it has Sri Vidya secrets. I am unable to track it down.
> Any help in this regard will be deeply appreciated.

It is the Aranyaparvan which has the Saraswati Mahatmya I mentioned above.
Whether it has Srividya secrets I don't recall but then they tend to be
secret. :-)