[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 127, Issue 23

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:22:00 CST 2015

> Now things are very different. There is no financial support from Kings.
> Except for big cities the boy following Vaidika profession will earn very
> small income. Who will play King's role? It should be the religious Maths
> with good financial condition. Some Mathadhipatis are respected like Kings
> and are wearing crowns like Kings. Then they should also support a large
> number of Brahmins like olden day kings. They should support Vedic
> education and revive dying Vedic Shakhas.

But what do you think various Maths are doing about vaidika learning? I
don't think you have any idea of the number of vaidika-s being supported
financially and in other ways by the numerous Maths today.

The problem remains what Sri Ajit had outlined. People who should be
following the vaidika professions and getting the requisite studies for it
are not willing to do it. And that includes people like you and me, does
it not? When there are not enough people coming forth to do it, to whom
will the Maths give financial support?

Vidyasankar