[Advaita-l] asti bhAti priyaM in Drg-drsya viveka

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:27:23 CDT 2015

Sri *Br. Pranipata Chaitanya* Ji,

Pranams.

Reg your observation << One should understand the term bhAti as (anu)bhAti.

The bhAShya to the question - kiM u bhAti vibhAti vA and its answer - taM
eva bhAntaM anubhAti sarvaM (kaThA II.ii.14&15) will throw more light how -
idaM sarvaM tasya bhAsA vibhAti. >> ,

( anu ) bhAti would be appropriate when only the nAma rUpa aspects are
included in the reference to object/experience. However in the verse under
consideration , the bhAntaM aspect of taM is included as an aspect of the
object/experience itself by use of the term bhAti as one of the five
aspects. Hence in this context , in my opinion , use of the term bhAti is
appropriate and should not be understood as (anu)bhAti.

Respectfully submitted

Pranams and Regards

Chandramouli

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Br. Pranipata Chaitanya via Advaita-l <