[Advaita-l] Question about vegetarianism

Santosh Rao itswhateva at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:28:11 CDT 2015

Namaskar keshava,

Im aware of agniveer's position but I understand that they are somewhat of
a "neo-hindu" outfit. I joined this group to learn more about the
traditional views regarding this and many other subjects pertaining to
Hindu dharma.

I think it is obvious that meat eating was accepted and even encouraged
under special circumstances which revolved around certain yagnas.

I understand that vaisnava's follow pancaratra agamas which have their own
process of interpreting and observing vedic injunctions in this age, but I
was curious as to how these matters are considered from the smartha point
of view.

Namaskar,

Santosh
On Apr 28, 2015 9:07 AM, "Keshava PRASAD Halemane via Advaita-l" <