[Advaita-l] Today Bhagavan Ramanuja Jayanti too
Keshava PRASAD Halemane
k_prasad_h at yahoo.co.in
Sat Apr 25 00:27:42 CDT 2015
Thank You My Dear Srinivas Murthy ji for your illuminating and encouraging comments on the short input that i shared herein recently. I agree that may be there is more to IT - surely not mere parroting/aping/etc - even an imbalance in the triad saadhana SravaNa+manana+ninidhyaasana may possibly take one astray.
Let me pose here below some more questions/statements to ponder - regarding the problem of 'locus-of-avidya':
(0) 'avidya' being the 'absence-of-vidya' the locus of the 'avidya' must necessarily be the same as (and cannot be different from) that of the 'vidya' thereof.
(1) Do we accept the possibility of various degrees of truth rather than the binary dichotomy of choice between TRUTH & UNTRUTH ?
(2a) It is a logical requirement that the degree-of-truth of the 'locus-of-x' must necessarily be at-least-as-much-as the degree-of-truth of 'x' ?
(2b) In case you accept only the case of binary dichotomy choice between TRUTH & UNTRUTH - then the above statement can be re-read as -
If 'x' is UNTRUE then the 'locus-of-x' can be either TRUE or UNTRUE (not both); but, if 'x' is TRUE then the 'locus-of-x' must necessarily be TRUE.
(3) The various interpretations/models arise because of the acceptance or otherwise of the various possible cases w.r.t. the degree-of-truth etc.
* Just because one accepts that "brahmavastu IS EkamEvaadviteeyasatyam" doesn't necessarily mean IT cannot be the locus of avidya (and of vidya as well as of everything-else)! * How can one limit IT by one's whims and facies of whatever one thinks as logical/rational/acceptable/conforming-to-Sruti-yukti-anubhava/etc.? * It is like - the convergence of the ZERO the ONE and the INFINITE - everything converges in IT and therefore everything emerges out-of IT alone.
* . . . nirguNa as well as saguNa as well as sarvaguNa . . . since there is only ONE and nothing else other than IT . . . * Then there is no bandha, no mOkSha - no question of talking about any saadhana - TRUTH-in-SILENCE = SILENCE-in-TRUTH !
praNaamsKeshava Prasad Halemane
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list