[Advaita-l] Dvaita Vaada - Vadiraja Teertha's Nyaratnavali Slokas 25 - 26

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 02:26:04 CDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Srivathsa Rao <vathsa108 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > For this advaithi's answer,
> > Pragnanam brahma  (Brahman is knowledge) a mahavakhya says,Brahma and
> > brahman jgnana are not different ,but brahma jgnana is very swarupa of
> > brahman.

Also Taittiriya very clerly says 'satyam jnānam anantam brahma' where the
jnānam is not any vṛtti jnānam but pure consciousness.  Since Brahman has
no mind, etc. no v.rtti jnanam is admitted in it.  Also since it is not
associated with māyā, even sarvajnatva cannot be its svarupa lakṣana.

Then there is the vijnānam ānandam brahma of the Br.up. too.  where too the
vijnānam is only pure consciousness which cannot be differentiated from
Brahman.