[Advaita-l] my query

Ravisankar Mayavaram via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sun Sep 21 16:41:12 CDT 2014

When I discussed this my friend, he mentioned that he was  told by his guru
to follow this method and he has been doing that for many years.  There are
some who practice it. I was also told that if that is not done that way, a
new yajnopavitam is required every time we start a new deva/pitr karma.

Yes, for many of us the question of suddenly starting a new system is
difficult.

(On a side note, I am fascinated by your interest in making known atharva
veda traditions. Last year, I learnt from a local teacher in Austin,
gaNapati atharvasheerSha in atharva version, there are differences in
shanti mantra etc. I did not compare the svara markings with the text in
mantra pushpam. But most people chant using what is available in RK
Missions' mantra pushpam)

Ravi