[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Realization through Mind

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 00:45:50 CST 2014

Shri Nagesh ji,

Pranams,

I agree. This state cannot be actually explained, but for the sake of
expressing it, maun is the best expression capable of expressing samAdhi.
But it is not enough for disciple, so it is explained in other words like
completeness, bliss, peace, etc.

I would like to add few words:

Nothing (meaning none of non-Self) exist in deep meditation
Nothing exist in deep sleep (zero, shunya), you do not experience that you
are present when you are in deep sleep. You were always present (as
brahman) even during deep sleep is a logical conclusion.

My personal opinion is:

Mind when wakes up again, as all desires of past lives are not uprooted. At
this time, there is intense feeling of Bliss and peace. Naturally mind will
try to retain this peace and bliss while returning or diverting it's focus
to physical body. Hence all the explanation of seeing unity in all, seeing
'I' in all, feeling of bliss and peace, etc are done when mind is not
attached to physical body, but is not also in samAdhi.

OM