[Advaita-l] Rudra Prashna question - Adi Sankara Pooja

Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Wed May 7 10:21:03 CDT 2014

Namaste

The Kama Koti Adi Sankara Pooja is very long and running to 49 pages. We
office goers cannot follow all the details because of lack of time. The
Laghu Pooja I have given will be sufficient.

But I have questions also on the Long Pooja. How can we offer Kumkuma to
Sannyasi Adi Sankara? It may be correct in Deva Pooja but not in Sannyasi
Pooja.

How can we offer Taamboola that is Betel Nut and Leaf to Sannyasi Adi
Sankara? It is not correct. Sannyasis will not eat Betel Nut and leaves.
They say it will increase man's desire for females. If you say Adi Sankara
is Siva and we are offering Taamboola to Siva why should we not directly do
Siva Pooja only?

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Namaste,
>
> There is a traditional method followed in sringeri.  The softcopy of the
> same can be downloaded from the link given below. This was compiled by
> Sri.Harsha.
>
> This paddhati was earlier followed by Asthana Vidvan of Sringeri
> Mahamahopadhyaya Br.Sri.KP Shankara Sastrigal. This is a very traditional
> method of worship.  Generally, whenever, any yati / sanyasi is worshipped,
> upanishad pArAyaNa should be performed at the end.
>
> http://www.kamakotimandali.com/stotra/AdiShankaraPuja.pdf
>
> regs,
> sriram

Regards