[Advaita-l] The "adharma" of a Jnani...The inscrutable Miracles of Krishna

Anand Hudli via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue May 6 08:31:10 CDT 2014

I would like to address Shri Bhaskarji's point. My high school civics
teacher used say, "In a democracy the government is a reflection of the
people who voted for it." In a similar fashion, any religious leader should
not be considered in isolation but only in the context of his/her
followers. When we talk about Krishna and his activities we should not lose
track of what kind of followers/devotees He had. They were exalted people,
such as SudAmA, akrUra, Vidura, BhIShma, draupadI, arjuna, the pure and
innocent GopIs of Vraja, etc. So when we evaluate modern day leaders too,
we definitely need to consider them as surrounded by their respective
followers. The questions we need to ask of their followers include: what
kind of people are they? What are their distinguishing characteristics?
What is their conduct? Do they adhere to the path of Dharma? etc. Without
answers to such questions, it would be very difficult to evaluate their
leader too and say whether or not his actions are in accordance with Dharma!

Anand