[Advaita-l] Fwd: Bhagavatpada's Ashtottaram

Sumitha Ramachandran via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Mon May 5 03:53:03 CDT 2014

Namaste.
            We consider Sri. Shankara as an Avatara of the Lord. Just like we celebrate Krishna Jayanthi, Narasimha Jayanthi etc. we celebrate Shankara Jayanthi too, remebering Him through His teachings , irrespective of the Ashrama He belonged to.

The Aradhana thithi of Shankaracharya as a sanyasi , is not important to us now as it is a custom followed only for the 3 previous paramparas (Parama Guru, Parameshti Guru and  Parapara Guru ) if I am right in saying so.

I had been fortunate to see the Aradhana of Vrudhha Narasimha Bharathi MahaSwamigal performed by Sri Abhinava Vidya Theertha Mahaswamigal at Sringeri a long time ago.

Regards,
sumitha

On Sunday, 4 May 2014 7:58 PM, Srirudra via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

Dear
I donot think it is like that.Both aradhana and Jayanthi are celebrated by the devotees.R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad