[Advaita-l] Rudra Prashna question

Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sun May 4 22:08:39 CDT 2014

Namaste

I was doing Rudra Abhisheka yesterday for Adi Sankara. I noticed one mantra
near the end of Namaka. Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraaya Vishnave Mrutyur Me
Paahi. The grammar will be correct if it is Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraaya
Vishnave Mrutyor Me Paahi. I have to ask Rudra Vishnu to protect me from
Mrutyu Death.

Mrutyu has to be in Panchami Vibhakti but it is given in Prathamaa
Vibhakti. Because it is a Veda Mantra we are not allowed to change it to
grammatical correct form.

I looked at few sources but they all are saying Mrutyur Me Paahi, not
Mrutyor Me Paahi.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh